Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Maiden Voyage

Alright, let's be honest with ourselves. I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while now, but didn't want to become like so many people who start a blog with the intention of keeping up with it, but then don't post for months on end *cough*my siblings*cough*. (Ok, I can't include all of my siblings in this. Bri has actually been good about posting, but the rest of my siblings are prime examples.) I also couldn't think of a name that suited me. So basically I just needed a little motivation to get started. With a study abroad in a month and grad school on the east coast in the fall, I decided there's no time like the present. So here we are.

Now, to the issue of the name. I talked to Brookie and she helped me come up with the perfect one! I wanted to use Mique, because that is what all of my family calls me. Brookie suggested doing something that sounded foreign, since I'm such a travel junkie and spend as much time as possible traveling. Hence the name FantastMique: the perfect combination. 

1 comment:

Andy and Bri said...

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!