Sunday, October 2, 2011

When in doubt, wear rain boots.

That's my new mantra for Boston, because every time I think about wearing rain boots and then don't, I regret it. Take last night for example. The second we walked away from our house, it started POURING rain. I was soaked from the knee down. So, lesson learned. Rain boots are your friend.

Last night we had a girls night out while the men were at the Priesthood session of General Conference. We went to this restaurant named John Harvard's in Harvard Square. It was gooooood. There were 22 of us there, and it was so fun! Those girls are so cute. I was glad to continue the tradition of having a girl's night, even though I'm not home to be able to have one with my mom and sisters.

Also, any hints for doing hair in the humidity? They would be much appreciated. Come to find out, my hair hates me. Or at least hates the humidity. Last night I straightened my hair right before I went out, and this is what it looked like when I got home:
Attractive, I know. Note to self, save yourself time and energy and don't bother doing your hair, because you'll end up looking like an idiot no matter what.

P.S. I feel like I look like an elderly person in that photo. Squinting, even with my glasses on. Love. it. :)

2 comments:

Andy and Bri said...

That picture is pretty awesome, I have to agree :) Glad you found some people to have girls night with! Miss you!

Illumine said...

I actually really like that picture of you--even with your funkified hair :) Love and miss you!