Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ramblings

Since when did it get to be October? This is weird.

Speaking of weird, this post has no real purpose or cohesiveness. Just the ramblings of a mind taking a break from studying.

You know when you have experiences where it just feels like, "Why yes, I did choose the right major," or "Now, this is why I have this job," or "THAT is why we are friends"? Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes have those moments, and yesterday was one of those days. It was our second day of clinical and the first day where we were assigned our own patient to care for. I was slightly apprehensive because I've never had my own patient before and had no idea what I was doing. That being said, it was SUCH a good day. I felt like a real nurse. I was actually able to provide care to someone who couldn't do it for himself. Granted, I still have so much to learn. But with the help of a wonderful and patient supervising nurse, I felt like I was actually contributing to someone's well-being. I made a difference, even if it was only in one person's life. And that's a dang good feeling. And THAT is why I'm going to be a nurse.

Also, I'm grateful for my friends: old and new. (I told you this post was going to be random, didn't I?) "People say best friends are hard to find--that's because the best are already mine." *enter a random compilation of pictures of some of the best friends a girl could ever hope for*
Our last get-together before I moved to Boston
A gathering before I left on my study abroad
At Kate's bridal shower
A random In-N-Out run after a beastly Micro exam
Dance party freshman year
After Kate's vocal recital
And to round out the randomness, how about the song that I've been loving recently:

Alright, I think that's enough randomness for one day. Back to the studies I go...

No comments: