| Brian giving me my diploma. People wear quick-dries to graduation, right? |
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
"Graduation"
I graduated from BYU on August 12, but was in Fiji until August 13. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me. Anyway, our last day in Fiji was Saturday, which due to the time difference meant it was Friday in Utah, the day of my graduation. We were sitting there at a debriefing meeting and out of nowhere Karen stands up and says that it was a big day and starts humming the graduation theme song. She pulls out a "graduation cap" and "diploma" and Brian calls me up to the front. He says "You know that when you graduate they give you a fake diploma, so as an officer of the school I would like to present you with this diploma and congratulate you on your graduation." It was hilarious, I could not stop laughing. It was so cool! And let's be honest, I think my graduation ceremony was the best anyone graduating from BYU had this summer: short, sweet, and in view of the ocean in Fiji. Awesome!
One of the girls in my program got the whole thing on video, but I still can't figure out how to load videos on this thing. Help?
Labels:
BYU,
Fiji,
graduation,
south pacific,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment