Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years

I am grateful to be an American.

Today my dear friend Jen invited me to go with her to the September 11 ten year memorial they were holding today in the Memorial Hall at Harvard. It was amazing. Absolutely amazing.

It was an artistic tribute to 9/11, so it was a reading and music and dance tribute. It started off with a powerful picture slideshow set to music that really set the stage for the rest of the program. The music was incredible, and so heartrendingly beautiful and simultaneously haunting. The reading consisted of some excerpts from poems, interviews of people like firefighters and cops, and letters from soldiers after the attacks, to name just a few. It was fabulously well-done and I am so glad I got to be a part of it.

Today is a somber day, a day to reflect on the past and how to rise above some of the horrible things in the world and combat it with the good. This article says it so well. I hope we never forget what happened this day 10 years ago. God bless America.

No comments: