Thursday, January 12, 2012

There's no place like home

During my almost 4 week break from school (can I get a Hallelujah?!) I've had the most wonderful time. Due to my camera being broken I have very little photographic evidence, but here's a list of some of my favorite things I've done over the break, in no particular order:
  • Spent all of my time with family and friends. How glorious.
  • Had a get-together with freshman friends
photo courtesy of Courtney's blog
  • Went to a mini-Jerusalem reunion
  • Had hilarious dating conversations with some Provo friends
  • Knitted an infinity scarf that I've wanted to do for ages and two other scarfs that my mom introduced me to
  • Slept in every.single.day. (Don't judge me. I was making up for lost sleep from the semester.)
  • Celebrated three family birthdays and one friend birthday
  • Went to St. George and basked in the warmth
  • Played TONS of games
  • Went blonde
  • Ate ridiculously good food (this deserves a post of its own)
  • Went to the movie theater for the first time in 5 months
  • Had a girls night out to go shopping
  • Played with my cute nieces and nephew

There were other things as well, but if I wrote them all down I'd be here for days. Needless to say, it was a perfect and much-needed break. It's never long enough when I go back home because there are still people I didn't get to see and things I didn't get to do, but I'm so grateful that I was able to do and see as much as I did. There really is no place like home.

1 comment:

Andy and Bri said...

It was so great to see you! We love going home! And I am going to call you for instruction on your infinity scarf it is amazing! Love you!