Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January Birthdays

January is a busy month for birthdays in my family. We have Daddy's, Brookie's and Campbell's all in just a few weeks. Unfortunately I missed both Brookie's and Campbell's, but I can't miss out on doing a birthday shoutout. And since there are three of them, this is going to be one long post :)

Let's start with Daddy. I know I already did a post about him for Father's Day, but I truly can't say enough how much I love this man. He is one of the most hardworking, humble, patient, kind, loving and selfless men I know. Even when I call him at work and he's really busy he still makes me feel like he has all the time in the world for me. He makes me feel so good about myself every time I talk to him. He's one of the most outgoing people I know and people everywhere can't help but love him. I swear, it's impossible to go anywhere with him without him running into another friend. He's such a good example of truly caring for others.

Daddy and me in the grounds of the Jerusalem Center
Next, Brookie. She is absolutely the most loyal person I have ever met. She's one of the first people I call when anything happens because I know that whether the news is good or not, she will support me 100%. I can always count on her to cheer me up with I'm down. I can't even count the number of times I called her crying when I was applying to grad school, convinced that I'd never get accepted. She such a way of calming me down that few people possess. She's always there for people when they need her, even when it's not convenient. She's always so much fun to be around. We can go from having really deep intellectual conversations to singing at the top of our lungs to Prince - regardless of what we're doing, I love spending time with her.

Don't mind the fact that I look like an idiot...
And finally, Campbell. It has been so much fun to see her personality develop over the last 2 years. She is so strong, independent and determined. She always makes me feel so loved when I see her. She loves being with people and playing with them. She's also a major dare-devil and way more brave than I will ever be, and she may be as accident-prone as I am, though that's still up for debate.

Campbell and Bapa (kinda...)
I have such a great family! And I'm so glad I got to spend so much time with all of them over the break.

Now back to that paper I was writing. Come to find out, writing birthday blog posts is much more fun than writing papers. Who knew?

1 comment:

Andy and Bri said...

Love this post! Our family is freaking awesome...just putting that out there.