Sunday, November 18, 2012

Us Against the World

Back in July (was it really that long ago?!) Allie and I had the most epic night ever. What happened, you ask? Well, we went to the Coldplay concert, of course.

First of all, I just have to say: Chris Martin, I love you.

Now that that's out of the way, I have to say that the concert was perfect. I literally think it could not have gone better. It was just 2 days before I took the NCLEX, so I was stressing-out-of-my-mind and she was getting ready to move across the country so she was also stressing but held it together better than I did. Let's just say, it was the perfect distraction for both of us.

We started by meeting at Quincy Market to get dinner and then rode the T over to the TD Garden. When we walked in they gave us bracelets and asked us to wear them since they were part of the show. We had a few minutes before the concert started, so we went and bought our mandatory t-shirts.

Al modeling her shirt


We were beyond excited for the concert. Even from our nosebleed seats (we're poor graduate students), we were over the moon. Let's be honest, Coldplay knows how to put on a good show.



Our glowing bracelets
Everyone had bracelets of different colors that would pulse to the beat of the song. Pretty sweet, eh?
The concert was so much fun. They played while we sang and danced and smiled so big our cheeks hurt. I told myself that I would only video my very favorite songs, but somehow ended up with 10 videos...

When Chris Martin came out for the encore and played Us Against the World on his acoustic guitar I cried. And, truth be told, I haven't been able to listen to the song since without tearing up or full-on sobbing. But it makes sense because Chris Martin is my sloth.


Picture stolen from Allie's blog
Thank you Allie and Chris Martin for such a perfect night.

1 comment:

A Mitton said...

Love, love, love, love, love. Love.

One of the best nights of the summer. Obviously.