Thursday, August 2, 2012

#16

#16 on my Boston Bucket List was going to the Museum of Fine Art. I am happy to announce that I have now gone twice and that it was free both times. Winning!

The first time I went my friend Ally was in town from DC with some of her friends from her internship. They mostly just crashed at my place and explored the city while I was at the hospital. But on Monday (it was Memorial Day) I didn't have class or clinical so we hit the ground running before they had to catch the bus back to DC that afternoon. The MFA was free on Memorial Day so it was packed, but so much fun! I really loved all of the exhibits I got to see in the few hours we were there. Especially the Greek and Roman statues. I don't know what it is, but I'm such a sucker for them. They're my favorite exhibit nearly every time.

The second time I met my friend, ironically also named Allie, though the spelling difference is important, for a free Wednesday night after she got off of work. There were a few exhibits that she was interested in seeing and that I wanted to see as well. We only spent around an hour and half there  but it was still way favorite. And then we went for dinner and ice cream with Anne Marie, and you just can't beat that.

Also, I'm not sure how this happened, but I don't have a single picture from either time I went to the museum. How is that even possible?

Third times a charm?

1 comment:

sydney b. said...

Ahh I love your blog and I love your life! How are you doing? Miss you friend! PS We missed the museum of art when we were there in May and now I'm kicking myself after reading your post.