Wednesday, August 1, 2012

#1

This post is a long time coming, but several months ago I was able to cross off #1 on my Boston Bucket List: I went to a Celtics game.

It was their last home game of the season before the finals started. My friend Jennie had an extra ticket and texted me that Thursday morning to see if I wanted it. Did I want it?! Is that even a question? The real question was if it was possible for me to go. You see, Thursday nights I had my Psych clinical until 9:00 pm, and there was no way I would make it to the game if I went to the whole thing. I was afraid to ask my instructor to leave early for something so seemingly inconsequential as a Celtics game, but I figured there's no point in making her decision for her - I'd ask and then she could make the decision herself. Luckily she was incredibly understanding and I was able to go in an hour and a half early so that I could finish my hours in time to go! She told me later that one of the reasons she was so inclined to make it work was because I was so honest with her about my reason for going, I didn't just call in sick or something easy like that. So chalk one up to honesty!

The game itself was unbelievable. Our seats were amazing, the company was fabulous, and the Celtics won! You just can't beat a night like that. Thank you Jennie for inviting me!

Did I mention our seats were awesome?

Me, Jennie, Amber, and (part of) Melanie
 



No comments: