Sunday, November 20, 2011

A birthday!

My sister's birthday is coming up and so I just wanted to talk a little about how grateful I am for her in my life. So Bri, here's a {very limited} list of some of the reasons why I love having you as my sister:
  • I've always had a hard time with decisions (but only the inconsequential ones. With the big ones I seem to do just fine. What's up with that?) and I could never choose what to wear. So she would pick out my outfit pretty much every day. Something so small, but it really meant a lot to me
At a girls photo shoot.
  • Growing up whenever I was upset and crying she would take me and let me lay down and just play with my hair while I cried and told her about my woes. She's always been so good at taking care of me.
Bri and Andy in Bear Lake this summer.
  • Speaking of taking care of me, just this weekend she spent a few hours on the phone with me helping me study for my exam on Monday. I know that she had better things to do with her time on a Saturday night, but she took time to listen and help me understand. So thoughtful.
I love this photo of Bri and Daner in St. George.
  • She's such a peacemaker. I've never in my life heard her even raise her voice. She's so even-tempered and patient. I've always admired that in her.
Bri and Andy in Jackson Hole.
  • Bri is always willing to share her time and talents. Whenever she has a fun project she always shows me how to do it so I can share in the creativity that I lack :)
Bri's graduation from Nursing School.
  • She's always so good at making people feel loved and included. Even from our childhood, she has always asked me how I'm doing and what she can do to help and would do little things without me asking to show she cared. 
Basically, she's the best. Bri, I've always looked up to you and I am so grateful for you in my life. I can't wait to see you so soon! Happy Birthday honey!

    1 comment:

    Lindsay said...

    She is pretty incredible. I want to be like her when I grow up :)